The fashion industry is more than just a mere superficial industry that is based around clothes, accessories, and more. It has grown and revolutionized through the seeds of technology.
Fashion has been a contributing factor in the lives of everyone. Along with acting as a symbol of expression, it has represented many communities and diverse cultures and heritages from around the world.
A major shift in the paradigm has taken place because of the up-and-coming technological-based advancements in the fashion industry. A large reason behind the emerging success of the fashion industry has to be credited to the technological developments and progressions it has seen.
To understand more about it, let us look at a few examples and areas, depicting the same:
- Online fashion stores and retailers have come up with the concept of touchscreens and chat boxes that are based around the technology of artificial intelligence. They have set algorithms and patterns that help the customers in choosing the right kind of fashion item for themselves based on their likes and dislikes.
- Every possible store has come up with applications that can be easily accessed through any basic smartphone. This eliminates the hurdle of rushing to stores, wasting time and energy. Buyers can easily place an order for their favorite item, at a click of a button, from their smartphones, at any point in time.
- 3-dimensional fashion has taken a pace. It involves the objective of converting portable, tangible items into clothing pieces. 3D fashion is environmentally healthier and safer, creates less waste, and involves very limited labor. They are a sustainable mode of fashion, which is only going to improve and succor in the long run.
- The impact and cost of manufacturing and the intensive labor it requires is reduced by a sizeable margin. Designers are able to foretell what trends, fashions, and labels have the chances of remaining in vogue and by what percentage. New designs and patterns can be experimented with, with the help of online help.
- Social media and fashion influencing have a huge part to play when it comes to promoting a fashion brand. It provides a platform to the fashion enthusiasts and possessors to promote their work and craftsmanship, has direct contact with the consumers, and lets them create an online presence where they immensely inspire their community towards growth and prospering.
The fashion industry contributes as much as 3 trillion dollars to the economy. It is more than just a frivolous concept revolving around dressing people up. The fashion industry accounts for up to 2 % of the world’s GDP, employing as many as 50 million people, all across the world.
People have recognized fashion as a symbol of representation. The fashion industry as a platform has helped people from far and wide to express themselves and have freedom in choice through the clothes they choose or shoes they wear. It is a tool of empowerment that is set to improve with each year to come.